Join us live on Wednesday February 8, 2023 at 10 a.m. EST for a new webinar of our Access to Market Webinar Series and find out how to benefit from CETA’s Labor Mobility Provisions in Canada.
Combined to low unemployment rates, labor challenges and shortages have continued to impact employers in Canada over the past few months. To address this problem, Canada issued over 645.000 work permits between January & October 2022. Further down the road, CETA can contribute to filling Canada’s skills and workforce shortages by offering several alternatives to facilitate labor mobility and skills transfer between the EU and Canada.
Organized in collaboration with Immetis, a law firm specializing in corporate immigration and worker mobility in Canada, this event will provide EU & Canadian businesses with a global understanding of the facilitated business immigration process(es) under CETA.
The discussion will notably touch upon the following components:
- A brief overview of in-demand sectors in Canada, as well as opportunities for EU companies to expand their activities
- Understanding the different streams of immigration covered by CETA: intra-corporate transfers, investors, contractual service suppliers & independents…
- Main advantages CETA introduces for EU companies
- Understanding how to implement an immigration strategy when opening a branch/subsidiary in Canada or transferring executives
- Finding out how to apply for a work permit in Canada, or for entry in Canada as a business visitor, using CETA
- Finding out how to renew and/or extend a work permit issued under CETA
Opening with remarks by Adrian Thomas, EUCCAN’s President and Country President at Schneider Electric, followed by a presentation from Me. Natacha Mignon, Partner at Immetis.
The event will include a question and answer period.