EU-Canada Business Day
Green Back Better
When: Wednesday April 13th, 2022 from 7am – 11am PST | 10am – 2pm EST | 16h – 20h CET
Where: On Pheedloop. Save your password as you register. You will need it the D-Day!
Who: Companies, innovators, industry associations and government representatives from both sides of the Atlantic
Why: To explore business and trade cooperation opportunities. As our governments set our societies on the path to a sustainable recovery and a net-zero future, EU-Canada Business Day will highlight how European and Canadian companies are leveraging new opportunities for growth, performance, and competitiveness that also delivers positive environmental and social outcomes
How: One day, three topics: A business-case discussion around corporate sustainability & circularity, A showcase of clean and sustainable urban mobility technologies and solutions, A panel discussion on sustainable investment and reporting
Session 1: Corporate Sustainability and Circularity
During this interactive session, companies will present concrete example and business cases of these issues – seeking to engage with services providers, stewards and regulators to find solutions that leverage circular thinking to improve the full lifecycle management of their products and the environmental impact of their operations.
- Moderated by Transcontinental: Magali Depras, Chief Strategy & CSR Officer
- Air France/KLM: Catherine Guillemart, General Manager
- Lactalis : John Dilley, VP Innovation & Regulatory Affairs
- Michelin: Antoine Sautenet, Director for Public Affairs, Michelin Canada
- Reclay StewardEdge Inc: Adrian Vannahme, Vice-President Business Development
- Recylce BC: Tamara Burns, Executive Director
On April 13th, 2022 at 7.30am – 8.15am PST | 10.30am – 11.15am EST | 16h30 – 17h15 CET
Session 2: Clean and sustainable urban mobility
Europe today is home to a vibrant business ecosystem striving to decarbonate and better urban mobility. This session will offer them a platform to understand the vision and strategies of Canadian municipalities, urban planners and decision-makers and display their solutions.
- Moderated by Pembina Institute: Carolyn Kim, Director Ontario
- Alstom Group: Olivier Marcil, Vice President, Public Affairs
- EIT Urban Mobility: Maria Tsavachidis, CEO
- Smartpoint: Edward Hamilton, Co-founder and President
- Umotional: Michal Jakob, Founder and CEO
On April 13th, 2022 at 8.30am – 9.15am PST | 11.30am – 12.15pm EST | 17h30 – 18h15 CET
Session 3: Financing the transition to a climate-neutral society
As financial institutions get extra incentives to bankroll solutions and innovations to fasten our societies’ transition to net zero, this panel discussion will bring European & Canadian financial institutions and/or investors to discuss the future of sustainable investment and reporting.
- Caixa Bank: Pablo Perez Montero, Director, Head of Sustainable finance
- OMERS: Katharine Preston, Vice President, Sustainable Investing
- Société Générale: Karl Pettersen, SG Americas Chief Sustainability Officer
- TD Securities: Susan Thompson, Sustainable Finance
On April 13th, 2022 at 9.30am – 10.15am PST | 12.30am – 1.15pm EST | 18h30 – 19h15 CET